Battle Born Lithium RV Battery (100AH, 12V)
Affordable and reliable lithium-ion batteries for your RV! What are the advantages of using the Battle Born Lithium 100AH RV Battery in your RV? Lithium battery advantages include:
- Much faster charging times, charging to 99% in 2.5 hours versus up 13 hours for lead acid batteries.
- Can accept very high charge rates (100A)
- Longer life - much greater number of cycles
- Less than half the weight of similar-capacity lead-acid batteries
- No maintenance required
- No battery memory
- No internal grid or external terminal corrosion
- No freezing in extreme temperatures
- Almost no temperature derating effects (still 90Ah capacity at 5C for 100Ah lithium, compared to 60Ah capacity at 5C for 100Ah lead-acid)
- Ability to mount in any orientation
- 95% energy efficient
- Can store at any state-of-charge (SOC) - does not have to be fully-charged for storage, unlike lead-acid
Though the purchase cost is higher for lithium batteries than for AGM or flooded lead-acid, the overall lifecycle cost is actually lower for lithium batteries. The lithium batteries have an average life span of 10 times that of lead acid.
Lithium iron phosphate batteries have excellent characteristics for use as a deep-cycle RV battery:
- Lithium iron phosphate has high current rating and long cycle life, good thermal stability, enhanced safety and tolerance for abuse.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries also have a very flat discharge curve, meaning the batteries continue to put out the same amount of energy even at a low state-of-charge.
Why are Battle Born lithium iron phosphate batteries better than other lithium batteries?
- Cylindrical cells - Battle Born batteries use a 4s30p configuration of 26650 stainless-steel cylindrical lithium-ion battery cells. Cylindrical lithium cells typically have much more power, better performance and greater longevity than prismatic cells.
- Triple safety design - Battle Born lithium batteries have 3 layers of safety protection in each cell:
- The stainless-steel lithium iron phosphate cells include an internal safety fuse. If the cell overheated (up to 135C), the fuse would instantly break the connection between the anode and the cathode.
- Lengthways circuit boards between each layer of cells monitor current, temperature and pressure. If the cell casing shows high internal pressure, the positive and external (negative) current will be cut off by the automatic voltage cutoff. These boards also prevent a short-circuited cell from causing any battery damage.
- If the internal pressure in any cell is over the safe value of 1.5Mpa, its safety valve discharges, reducing the pressure automatically.
- Solid construction - Battle Born batteries use an ABS case with stainless-steel explosion-proof cylindrical lithium cells, and each cell has its top and bottom negative and positive posts welded to a plate, and then bolted to the plate as well for a secure physical and electrical connection.
- Full-featured Battery Management System (BMS) - The "brains" of the battery is the Power Control Board (PCB), which provides the BMS features. Heat-shielded battery cables connect the lengthways circuit boards to the PCB. The BMS has microprocessor-controlled automatic low- and over-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, reverse polarity protection, and charge balancing, with the voltage of each cell managed individually. Because of the BMS, you can connect multiple Battle Born lithium batteries in series or parallel without external protection. Many LiFePO4 batteries on the market use just a protection circuit, rather than a digital BMS.
- Industry-leading warranty - Battle Born offers a 10-year full replacement warranty on their batteries.
Free shipping on Battle Born batteries within the continental US!
Specifications: Battle Born Lithium Deep-Cycle RV Battery (100AH, 12V)
|Voltage||12.8 VDC nominal|
|Capacity||100 AH @ 20 hour rate|
|Max Charge Rate||200A (30 seconds),
|Operating Temperature||-4 + 158 F / -20 + 70 C|
|Life Expectancy||3000-5000 Cycles|
|Auto Low/High Voltage Cutoff||8V / 16V|
UL 2054 for batteries,
UL 1642 for battery cells
Videos: Battle Born Lithium Deep-Cycle RV Battery (100AH, 12V)
Below are several videos: a "tear-down" of a Battle Born 12V 100AH LFP battery so you can see the wiring and cell layout, a video tour of the factory in Reno, Nevada, and a general FAQ video on Battle Born batteries.
We Also Recommend