Ford Transit Campervan Body Flares (148"WB)
Looking to sleep sideways in your Ford Transit 148"WB regular-body or extended-body camper van? These Ford Transit Campervan Body Flares replace the stock rear upper body panels in your Transit van, providing extra lateral space to enable you to sleep sideways in your campervan. Install these flares, and you'll be able to have a 80" wide sleeping platform and a very comfortable night's sleep, without interfering with any of the doors on the van.
The extra space saved from orienting the bed sideways (almost 24") can be used to store bikes, add extra cabinetry or whatever else you need.
These Flarespace flares, which come in a set of two, will fit the Ford Transit 148"WB regular body or extended body medium- or high-roof cargo van.
Choose your preferred combination for each side (driver’s/passenger’s) of your flare set from the following three window options:
- No Window Cutouts - The flares are solid, providing extra sleeping space and maximum privacy and insulation possibilities.
- Flares with cutout for CR Laurence Half-Slider Window (VW1033L) - These popular half-slider windows have a horizontal, screened sliding pane, allowing extra ventilation and light in the sleeping area, and can also be left open while driving. Click link to learn more about this window and add to cart.
- Flares with cutout for CR Laurence Awning Window (AW1033) - These awning windows are hinged at the top, have a full screen, and crank out with a knob to a 15-20 degree angle (3-4 inches) at the bottom. Can be open even in rainy conditions. Click the link to learn more about this window and add to cart.
Note: Windows are sold separately. Click the links above to learn about each window and add to cart. Flares are only sold in pairs (one passenger-side, one driver-side), flares are not sold individually.
Key Features: Ford Transit 148"WB Campervan Body Flares
- Flares are designed to fit the rear quarter factory window cutouts in medium/high-roof Ford Transit cargo and passenger vans (2015-current models). Flares for the Transit 148"WB fit the regular length van in all three body options (cargo, crew, and passenger). They also fit the Transit 148 Extended Body cargo van -- they do not fit the Transit 148 Extended passenger or crew vans. Will also not fit low-roof Ford Transit van or Transit Connect models.
- Flares are made of polyester resin (fiberglass)
- Package comes with two unpainted flares, approved 3M installation materials, and detailed installation instructions
- Available with or without window cutouts for CRL VW1033 or AW1033 (windows sold separately).
- Flares add extra width to the rear of your Transit campervan
- Proudly made in the USA by Flarespace.
Flares are made to order and usually ship 3-7 days after ordering.
- FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 US states.
Specifications: Ford Transit 148"WB Campervan Body Flares
||28.25"H x 64.5"W x 3.25"D
Flares are tapered: narrower at front, wider at rear.
||Fiberglass (Polyester resin)
||Dark gray 300-grit gelcoat, ready for paint
FAQ: Ford Transit 148"WB Campervan Body Flares
- Who can install flares? Campervan HQ can provide you with a list of trained installers in your area, or any professional auto body shop can paint and install flares.
- How are they installed? Your installer will paint your flares to match the color of your Transit van. The rear quarter panel is cut out along the factory lines, with the same size cut out as a window. The flares are glued in using the supplied 3M adhesive and sealant. Installers are supplied with detailed step-by-step instructions, including a video and written instructions. Install takes about 4 hours, plus a day to cure.
- Does the sliding door need to be modified? The stock Transit sliding door will open fully without modifications. This also applies for slider doors with CR Laurence windows and T-vent window knobs.
- Will the rear doors still open 270 degrees? If you install an extended door stopper on the rear door, the Transit's rear doors can still be opened fully without touching the flares.
We Also Recommend