Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT Campervan Body Flares
Looking to sleep sideways in your Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT camper van? These Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT Campervan Body Flares replace the stock rear upper body panels in your Sprinter, providing extra lateral space for sleeping sideways in your campervan. Install these Flarespace flares, and you'll be able to have up to an 80" wide sleeping platform and a very comfortable night's sleep, without interfering with any of the doors on the van.
Choose regular-depth (2.875") or extended-depth (4.375") flares for either side. You can also choose your preferred window or windowless combination.
Other great advantages of campervan body flares:
- The extra space saved from orienting the bed sideways (almost 24") can be used to store bikes, add extra cabinetry or whatever else you need.
- With these flares, the sleeping area in your 170"/170"EXT Sprinter can have a view out each side window, allowing more light in the daytime and increasing ventilation for a better night's sleep.
Note: Windows are sold separately. Follow the links below to learn about each window and add to cart. Flares are only sold in pairs (one passenger-side, one driver-side), flares are not sold individually.
We also have additional things to complete the flare installation:
Key Features: Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT Campervan Body Flares
- Flares are made of polyester resin (fiberglass)
- Package comes with two unpainted flares, approved 3M installation materials, and detailed installation instructions.
- Sprinter 170"WB flares come in your choice of 2.875" or 4.375" depth, with or without window cutouts.
- 2.875" deep flares with window cutouts are made to fit CRL VW1033L (driver side) or VW1033R (passenger side) Half-Slider Windows (sold separately).
- 4.375" deep flares with window cutouts are made to fit CRL AW1033 Universal Van Awning Windows (sold separately).
- Flares add extra width to the rear of your Sprinter campervan
- Flares are designed to fit the rear quarter factory window cutouts on Mercedes 170" and 170" extended Sprinter 2500/3500 cargo and passenger vans (2007-current models).
- Flarespace Half Slider Window 1033 (optional)
- Detailed video installation instructions included.
- Proudly made in the USA by Flarespace.
- Flares are made to order and usually ship 3-7 days after ordering.
- FREE SHIPPING in the continental US.
- Customers near the Portland manufacturing facility in Oregon can choose to pick up their flares for a $100 refund on shipping.
Specifications: Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT Campervan Body Flares
||27.625"H x 49"W x 2.875"D (regular-depth)
27.625"H x 49"W x 4.375"D (extended-depth)
Flares are tapered: narrower at front, wider at rear.
||Fiberglass (Polyester resin)
||Dark gray 300-grit gelcoat, ready for paint
FAQ: Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT Campervan Body Flares
- Who can install flares? Campervan HQ can provide you with a list of trained installers in your area, or any professional auto body shop can paint and install flares.
- How are they installed? Your installer will paint the flares to match the color of your Sprinter van. The rear quarter panel is cut out along the factory lines, with the same size cut out as a window. The flares are glued in using the supplied 3M adhesive and sealant. Installers are supplied with detailed step-by-step instructions. Install takes about 4 hours, plus a day to cure.
- Does the sliding door need to be modified? The stock Sprinter sliding door will open fully without modifications. This also applies for slider doors with CR Laurence windows and T-vent window knobs.
- Will the rear doors still open 270 degrees? If you install an extended door stopper on the rear door, the Sprinter's rear doors can still be opened fully without touching the flares.
Video: Mercedes Sprinter 170"/170"EXT Campervan Body Flares
We Also Recommend