Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9500 BTU)
Looking for off-grid RV air conditioning unit that can be run from your batteries? The Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9500 BTU) is the perfect solution! It installs onto your van’s roof just like a traditional RV air conditioner, but is vastly more energy-efficient. In fact, this Nomadic Cooling AC uses less than half of the electricity of a traditional RV rooftop A/C unit. Most rooftop air conditioners require 120 volt AC power to operate, from shore power or a generator. In some cases, you can run a standard unit from an inverter but inverters often struggle starting the compressor. In contrast, the Nomadic Cooling air conditioner uses 12 volt DC power, so it can run directly off your 12-volt battery bank without an inverter.
Not sure which air conditioner model to get? Use a BTU calculator to determine your cooling requirements. Calculate the interior dimensions of your space, your insulation level (because it's a van with windows and not much thermal mass, I'd select "poor"), and desired temperature increase - calculate the maximum cooling output you might ever need, and size your air conditioner to be capable of that.
Notes: We highly recommend using lithium deep cycle batteries with this unit. The R134a gas is pre-filled before delivery. Display represented in Celsius. Mounting bolts located inside 14x14 opening. This air conditioner is large and must ship via truck freight, shipping is $249.
Key Features: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9500 BTU)
- The 3000-series battery-powered air-conditioners are specifically designed for individuals who travel off the grid.
- All Nomadic Cooling air-conditioners are powered by DC 12V/24V/48V batteries. Preferably lithium, but not mandatory.
- This is a stand-alone air-conditioner. You do not need to connect to the engine to operate the air-conditioner.
- All Nomadic Cooling air-conditioners are non-polluting, and highly efficient units.
- All Nomadic Cooling battery-powered air-conditioners are very quiet, with at most noise of 60dBA with fan at maximum. Plus, these are almost vibration-free, especially compared to a 120V A/C unit.
- Intelligent microprocessor control system, allows the user to set the temperature based on the desired temperature.
- Includes multiple built-in protection functions such as pressure alarm, power high/low voltage, motor over-current, and motor temperature protection.
- Assembled and tested in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Each unit comes with a video clip of its testing run sent to you before shipment.
- Two-year warranty.
Specifications: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9500 BTU)
75 Amp Compressor Option
|35A-40A @ 90 Fahrenheit|
65A Max Cool @ 85 Fahrenheit
|100 Amp Compressor Option||
|Net Weight:||61.05 lbs (27.69 kg)|
|Size (L x W x H):||35 X 31 X 6.6|
|Opening Size:||14 x 14|
|Cooling capacity:||9553 BTU (2.8 kW)|
|Noise Volume:||60 dBa|
|Refrigerant:||R-134a @ 600g|
- 12V Air Conditioning Unit (600g R134A Refrigerant (pre-filled)
- Interior Control Panel - Thermostat Included
- Remote control
- 4 Metal Washers Large
- 4 Metal Lock Washers
- 4 Mounting Bolts Large (built into unit)
- 4 Mounting Nuts
- 14" x 14" Waterproof Gasket
- Interior mounting brace 14x14 (Metal Painted)
- 2 Interior cross-bracing system (Metal painter)
- Flush mount interior vent aluminum (aluminum or powder coated)
- 8 Small black finish screws for interior vent placement.
- Fuse Breakers (Blue Sea 187 breakers recommended).
- Butyl tape
- Proflex/Dicor RV sealant.
Video: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9500 BTU)
The video shows how to install a Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV air conditioner.
We Also Recommend