Car Window Adhesive - Powr Bond Urethane
If you are installing a bonded van window for the side or rear of your camper van, you'll need a strong car window adhesive like this Powr Bond High-Viscosity Urethane Adhesive. This auto window adhesive is a super-strong, fast-curing adhesive used by professionals to keep windows secure on your van. Powr Bond High-Viscosity Urethane Adhesive:
- can be used for any bonded-style car/van windows (clamp-in windows do not require adhesive)
- Is tested to FMVSS 208 and FMVSS 212 safety standards
- 1 tube of adhesive (10.1 fluid ounces) is sufficient for 2 small windows or 1 large window, depending on amount used.
- Comes with screw-on V-cut nozzle
- Dries in 3 hours to safe drive-away point at a minimum temperature of 73°F (23°C) and 45% RH (relative humidity). Full curing requires minimum 24 hours. Only usable in temperatures above 40°F, curing times will be longer at colder temperatures.
When mounting van windows:
- If you can, cut the openings with a center-blade shear, rather than a jigsaw - this will cut an opening that may be less ragged, produce less debris, and produce less hammering on the sheet metal of the van.
- Make sure you paint the cut edges of the new window opening - if you skip this step, moisture can rust out the edges of the window mounting.
- Prime the inside contact edge (frit) of the glass where it will be adhered to the van with glass primer
- Use a thick bead of quality urethane adhesive to adhere bonded windows to the van (adhesive and primer not needed for clamp-in van windows).
Specifications: Car Window Adhesive - Powr Bond Urethane
|Weight (lbs.):||Sold individually - 1 tube, 1 lb. each|
|Size:||10.1 fluid ounces|
|Type:||High-viscosity urethane adhesive for bonded van windows, can be used with glass primer|
|Standards:||Meets FMVSS 208 and 212 standards|
We Also Recommend