Car Window Primer - Powr Bond Primer
If you are installing a bonded van window for the side or rear of your camper van, you'll need to prime the inside of the glass, then use a strong car window adhesive like Powr Bond High-Viscosity Urethane Adhesive. This auto window primer is an effective first-step primer used by professionals to keep windows secure on your van. Powr Bond Car Window Primer:
- can be used for any bonded-style car/van windows (clamp-in windows do not require adhesive and primer)
- comes in a 4.2 fluid ounce (125) ml container
- has a shelf life of 16 months in unopened container.
- can be used for 5 days after opening the container and re-sealing after each use
- should be used on the inside surface of the glass where you plan to attach a bead of urethane adhesive for window mounting. Shake primer for one minute before use, apply with clean dauber/brush, let dry for 10 minutes.
NOTE: This primer is only available if you are picking up windows at one of our warehouse locations. It requires hazardous materials shipping, so we do not ship this product.
When mounting van windows:
- If you can, cut the openings with a center-blade shear, rather than a jigsaw - this will cut an opening that may be less ragged, produce less debris, and produce less hammering on the sheet metal of the van.
- Make sure you paint the cut edges of the new window opening - if you skip this step, moisture can rust out the edges of the window mounting.
- Prime the inside contact edge (frit) of the glass where it will be adhered to the van with glass primer
- Use a thick bead of quality urethane adhesive to adhere bonded windows to the van (adhesive and primer not needed for clamp-in van windows).
Specifications: Car Window Adhesive - Powr Bond Urethane
|Weight (lbs.):||Sold individually - 1 container, 1 lb. each|
|Size:||4.2 fluid ounces|
|Type:||Primer for use with urethane adhesive for bonded car windows|
|Standards:||When used with urethane adhesive, meets or exceeds US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) 208 and 212|
We Also Recommend
Ford Transit 130/148"WB Passenger Side Sliding Door Vented Window (FW293R)