Double-Pane RV Window 500x300mm
In Europe, almost all camper vans and motorhomes use Dometic Seitz-style Double-Pane RV Windows. These 500x300mm Arctic Tern RV windows have many advantages over typical North American camper van windows, including the following:
- The windows are double-glazed and include an integrated day/night shade, providing much better thermal performance for keeping warmth in and heat out as needed
- The integrated day/night shade is a much more versatile window covering than curtains, blinds or magnetic window coverings
- The entire pane of the window swings out on gas struts, and can be positioned at angles of 20, 40 and 60 degrees.
- The acrylic double-glazing makes for a window assembly that weighs 40% less than a typical single-pane glass RV window of a similar size.
Key Features: Double-Pane RV Window 500x300mm
- Heavy-duty powder-coated aluminum alloy frame
- Insulated UV-resistant acrylic double-pane glazing
- Telescopic strut supports securely hold window open in a number of positions
- Push-button locking handles
- High-quality rubber seals
- Full 1-year manufacturer's warranty
Documents: Double-Pane RV Window 500x300mm
- Arctic Tern Considerations for Fitment
- Arctic Tern Additional Window Dimensions
- Arctic Tern Window Installation Guide
Note: It is important to understand that Arctic Tern double-pane RV windows have 3 sets of dimensions:
- the cutout dimensions for the window opening
- the frame dimensions of the window from the outside
- the blind & screen assembly dimensions on the inside.
The blind & screen assembly dimensions are the largest dimensions on these windows, so they're the most important measurements to consider (if you are using the blind/screen assembly, it is optional).
Before ordering, read the documents above and watch the "Considerations for Fitment" video. In brief:
- On the sides, you want a minimum of 3” flat surface beside the window from any support. On the top and bottom, you need a minimum of 1.5” flat surface from any support.
- The minimum wall thickness is 1” (actually 15/16”), so you cannot just clamp the window into place on the sheet metal. You will always need a wood or metal frame to make up the minimum thickness required.
- You must also make room for the blind/screen assembly on the inside of the van body, as the blind/screen assembly is larger than the external dimension of the window.
- Making a template for your install is a great idea, though the windows do not come with a template.
Specifications: Double-Pane RV Window 500x300mm
|Window Height x Width:||500 x 300mm (19.7 x 11.8 in)|
|Cutout Height x Width:||503 x 303mm (19.8 x 11.9 in)|
|Blind/Screen Height x Width:||575 x 340mm (22.6 x 13.4 in)|
|Weight:||4.5 kg (10 lbs.)|
|Wall Thickness:||24-34mm, 34-44mm, 44-54mm|
|Frame Color:||Exterior: Jet black, Interior: Cream|
Video: Double-Pane RV Window 500x300mm
We Also Recommend