Ford Transit Lift Kit (Front Only)
With the Terrain Ford Transit lift kit, your Ford Transit van will take you farther on your next overland adventure than you have ever gone before. The Terrain bolt-on Transit 2.5" suspension lift system provides clearance for up to a 33" tire*, allowing for higher ground clearance off-road, and helping you avoid obstacles on the trail when headed to your next camp.
The Terrain system retains the Transit's suspension and rake, keeping the OEM vehicle geometry, payload rating and ride quality unchanged.
All of the suspension lift system components are constructed of high-quality materials here in the USA, and are powder-coated for durability and corrosion resistance.
This product includes free shipping in the continental US.
Key Features: Ford Transit Lift Kit (Front Only)
- Provides 2.5 inch lift over stock Ford Transit suspension
- Fits all 2015+ Ford Transit van SRW (single-rear-wheel) and DRW (dual-rear-wheel) models, including 130", 148" and 148"EL wheelbases
- Front strut spacers - 1/4" hot rolled steel
- Front subframe drop brackets - 3/16" hot rolled steel
- Front bumper support brackets - 3/16" hot rolled steel
- Steering shaft extension - 4140 heat treated steel
- Steering rack shim - 1/8" hot rolled steel
- Powder-coated components
- All hardware
- Installation instruction packet
Recommended tire size for stock wheels - There are many possible tire and wheel combinations that will work with this kit (see this excellent Four Wheeler article about measuring your rig for custom offroad wheel and tire sizes). Here are some possible combinations:
- 235/85/16 as pictured on white Ford Transit van shown. This is the tallest tire that works on the stock wheel. Slight front and rear fender trimming is required to clear this size.
- 245/75/16 will also work, slightly wider and about an 1" shorter. No fender trimming required.
- 245/75/17 will fit with 17" x 8", 5 on 160mm, 65.1 bore, Motometal MO970 wheel.
- 265/75/16 will fit with aftermarket wheels and front/rear fender trimming - like the Ultra Wheel "450 Toil" van wheels (these 16" x 6.5" wheels use 5 on 160mm spacing with +45ET backspacing, and require low-profile tapered lug nuts). The wheel width is .5" narrower than tire manufacturer specifications, so use at your own risk, but we have not seen any issues with vans set up this way.
You can install this lift kit yourself with hand tools, or any auto shop or professional mechanic can do the job for you. Install time varies with tools and experience, but estimate around 4-5 hours for DIY install, 2-3 hours for professional install.
Documents: Ford Transit Lift Kit (Front Only)
Note: Modification to the steering shaft boot can potentially result in a slight increase of engine noise in the cabin of van. See front kit installation instructions for details.
We Also Recommend