Horizontal Sliding Van Window (VW8409)
Note: Currently out of stock, more expected around Feb 5th.
Need a horizontal sliding van window for your van? We have the Horizontal Sliding Van Window (VW8409) non-contoured, sliding window design, which will fit a number of positions in different vans, including the Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit, and Ram Promaster. The sliding panel has a positive locking latch for security, and the ventilating panel is screened to let air in and keep bugs out. The interior structural framing has a black powder-coat finish.
Universal handling lets you use them on the right hand, left hand or backside of the vehicle because built-in weep holes allow for proper drainage. The 2-1/4" trim ring is reversible for 1/8" (3 mm) skin mount applications.
Because this window is not designed to fit a particular position in a particular van, you'll need to ensure that the dimensions and contour fit correctly with the exterior curvature and the interior structural ribs of your van.
Looking for another size of horizontal slider window for your van? The table shows similar windows.
|VW8206||21-1/4"W x 16-3/4"H with 1-1/2" Trim Ring (Clamp-in)|
|VW8246||25-1/4"W x 16-3/4"H with 1-1/2" Trim Ring (Clamp-in)|
|VW8369||37-1/4"W x 16-3/4"H with 2-1/4" Trim Ring (Clamp-in)|
|VW8409||41-1/4"W x 16-3/4"H with 2-1/4" Trim Ring (Clamp-in)|
Key Features: Horizontal Sliding Van Window (VW8409)
This Horizontal Sliding Van Window (VW8409):
- Fits many van models, including Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit and Ram Promaster vans
- Is non-contoured (fits flat sidewall sections, not curved)
- Is horizontal and rectangular, with a screened slider window
- Has 28% dark gray factory tint
- Uses tempered glass for maximum safety and strength
- Black powder-coated interior framing
- Is tested to ANSI Z26.1 and FMVSS 205 safety standards
- Is manufactured in the USA by CR Laurence.
- Is a clamp-in style window (no adhesive needed).
- Requires foam gasket seal tape for proper sealing.
When mounting these windows in your van:
- If you can, cut the openings with a center-blade shear, rather than a jigsaw - this will cut an opening that may be less ragged, produce less debris, and produce less hammering on the sheet metal of the van.
- Make sure you paint the cut edges of the new window opening - if you skip this step, moisture can rust out the edges of the window mounting.
- IMPORTANT: these windows clamp in place - ensure you do not use power tools on the inner trim ring screws, use hand tools to tighten these.
FREE SHIPPING if you pick up your van windows at any of the 18 US van window warehouses.
Want to save on shipping? Large van windows can only ship via truck freight, so you pay shipping for the window and the pallet on which the window ships. Smaller windows can ship via UPS, so you'll pay less shipping.
Specifications: Horizontal Sliding Van Window (VW8409)
|Outside Dimensions (in.):||
41-1/4"W (1.05 m) x 16-3/4"H (425 mm)
|Cutout Dimensions (in.):||
40" (1.02 m) x 15-1/2" (394 mm)
|Tint:||28% Dark Gray|
|Window Type:||Horizontal Sliding (Clamp-in)|
|Trim Ring:||2-1/4" reversible to 1/8"|
We Also Recommend