Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB Campervan Body Flares with Window Cutouts
Looking to sleep sideways in your Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB camper van? These Mercedes Sprinter Campervan Body Flares with Window Cutouts replace the stock rear upper body panels in your Sprinter, providing extra lateral space to enable you to sleep sideways in your campervan. Install these flares and you'll be able to have up to a 79" wide sleeping platform and a very comfortable night's sleep, plus they don't interfere with any of the doors on the van.
Also, three other great benefits of using these flares in your Mercedes Sprinter camper van include:
- The extra space saved from orienting the bed sideways (almost 24") can be used to store bikes, add extra cabinetry, whatever you need.
- With these flares, you can get a 144"WB Sprinter outfitted almost as comfortably as a 170" Sprinter, which could save you thousands of dollars and be much easier to drive and maneuver.
- Having flares with windows allows for a sleeping space with a view, and adds light into the interior of the van.
On the driver side, you can select the regular depth (3.25" deep) flare or the extended-depth (5.25" deep) flare. On the passenger side, the flare must be the regular depth (3.25" deep) flare to clear the sliding door.
You can choose between two window options for your flares using the drop-down:
- CR Laurence Half-Slider (VW1033L/VW1033R) - these popular half-slider windows have a horizontal, screened sliding pane.
- CR Laurence Awning Window (AW1033) - these awning windows (hinged at the top) have a full screen and crank out with a knob to a 15-20 degree angle (3-4 inches) at the bottom. Can be used even in heavy rain.
Note that windows are not included, windows for the flares are sold separately.
You can also get those flares either pain shop ready, or in a high-gloss black gelcoat finish.
We also have fiberglass trim rings to help speed up the interior finish of your build when using flares.
Key Features: Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB Campervan Body Flares with Window Cutouts
- Polyester resin (fiberglass) flares are proudly US-made in Portland, Oregon
- Package comes with two flares, approved 3M installation materials, and detailed installation instructions
- Note that the windows are not included, just window cutouts.
- Flares add extra width to the rear of your Sprinter campervan, flares increase bed length to be 74-77” long and 74-79” with the optional extended driver side flare
- Flares are designed to fit the rear quarter factory window cutouts on Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB 2500/3500 cargo, crew and passenger vans, both low-roof and high-roof (2007-current models).
- Detailed video installation instructions included.
- Flares are made to order and usually ship 3-7 days from ordering.
- Purchase price includes and FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 US states.
- Customers near the Portland manufacturing facility in Oregon can choose to pick up their order instead of delivery for a $100 refund.
Specifications: Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB Campervan Body Flares with Window Cutouts
|Depth (in.)||3.25" (or optional 5.25" driver side) extended-depth|
|Weight (lbs.)||40 (pair of flares, boxed)|
|Material||Polyester resin (fiberglass), 300-grit gelcoat surface, ready for paint|
FAQ: Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB Campervan Body Flares with Window Cutouts
- Who can install flares? Campervan HQ can provide you with a list of trained installers in your area, or any professional auto body shop can paint and install flares.
- How are they installed? Your installer will paint the flares to match the color of your Sprinter van. The rear quarter panel is cut out along the factory lines, with the same size cut out as a window. The flares are glued in using the supplied 3M adhesive and sealant. After the flares have dried, the windows can be installed into the flares. Installers are supplied with detailed step-by-step instructions, including a video and written instructions. Install takes about 4 hours, plus a day to cure.
- Does the sliding door need to be modified? The stock Sprinter sliding door will open fully without modifications. This also applies for slider doors with CR Laurence windows and T-vent window knobs.
- Will the rear doors still open 270 degrees? If you install an extended door stopper on the rear door, the Sprinter's rear doors can still be opened fully without touching the flares.
Video: Mercedes Sprinter 144"WB Campervan Body Flares
We Also Recommend