Mercedes Sprinter Rear Door Hinge Caddy (2007-2018)
Are you looking for a simple, strong solution to mount various components to the back door of your Mercedes Sprinter NCV3 van? This Mercedes Sprinter Rear Door Hinge Caddy (2007-2018) is perfect for you with its bolt on mounting system with no moving parts to wear out or loosen up over time. featuring slotted grid system allows you to mount necessary stuff for your next adventures.
Constructed from 1/8” thick high strength steel, its Hinge Caddy is laser cut, formed and welded in house at Van Compass for a perfect fit. Coated with textured black powdercoat finish inside and out, to prevent rust for years to come. Weight should always be a consideration when modifying a vehicle, so the hinge caddy reduces weight as much as possible while maintaining the necessary strength to carry up to 100 lbs of additional gear on the door. Comes with a large internal door reinforcement plate that distributes the load into the internal door structure.
Pair the Hinge Caddy with the 4056-03 Spare Tire Bracket if you’re looking for that Euro look with the tire mounted up high on the back door. This Sprinter tire carrier ships with all hardware needed for installation.
Key Features: Mercedes Sprinter Rear Door Hinge Caddy (2007-2018)
- Features slotted grid system allowing you to mount a spare tire, fuel cans, high lift mount, shovel, storage box or whatever else you can’t live without.
- Made from 1/8” thick high strength steel, laser cut, formed and welded in house at Van Compass for a precise fit.
- Black powdercoat finish inside and out
- Can carry up to 100 lbs.
- Compatible with rear parking sensors.
- OEM ball seat lug nuts included to secure spare tire to mount, if aftermarket wheels are used, 60 deg taper M14x1.50 lug nuts should be sourced to match those installed on vehicle.
- Mercedes specs no more than 100 lbs should be bolted to the rear doors. Any door issues will not be covered under warranty if more than 100 lbs is bolted to the door even if the bulk of the weight is supported by the hinges.
- The Hinge Caddy is a bolt on door carrier system which mandates cutting the factory tie bar on 270 degree rotating hinges (most US models) in order to convert the hinges to a single pivot functionality.
- Installation of this system requires removal of the inner door panel for access to the backside of the factory magnetic door stopper. No additional holes need to be drilled in the external body of the van. Two 3/8” diameter holes need to be drilled on the inner door structure of the van to fit the heavy duty steel re-enforcement plate. (Please read below documents for a more detailed installation guide.)
Documents: Mercedes Sprinter Rear Door Hinge Caddy (2007-2018)
We Also Recommend