Morningstar ProStar 40A Solar Charge Controller (PS-MPPT-40)
The Morningstar ProStar PS-MPPT-40 MPPT charge controller is a 40A MPPT solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology that provides maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charging for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 550 watts with a 12V battery, or 1100W with a 24V battery.
It's a sturdy, 98%-efficiency controller capable of 4-stage battery charging, with 7 standard battery charge profiles and customization.
The 40A ProStar MPPT controller is available in two versions (select which you want using the drop-down above):
- The PS-MPPT-40M which includes a display
- The PS-MPPT-40 which does not have a display, but can be used with a remote display like the MorningStar RM-1.
Key Features: Morningstar ProStar PS-MPPT-40 Solar Charge Controller
- Automatic PV-based lighting load control
- Charges all battery types including Lithium Ion
- Continuous charging and no damage from PV array oversizing
- Up to 190 days of data logging
- Built-in self diagnostics
- Highly durable polycarbonate case
- Available with and without advanced built-in meter.
You can also buy a wire box for the Morningstar ProStar MPPT to reduce hazards associated with exposed wires and connections (purchased separately).
Specifications: Morningstar ProStar PS-MPPT-40 Solar Charge Controller
40A max output to battery,
120VDC max PV system voltage (Voc)
|Approvals||IEC 62093, ETL (UL1741), CE, US NEC 690.5, FCC Class B Part 15|
Documents: Morningstar ProStar PS-MPPT-40 Solar Charge Controller
Video: Morningstar ProStar MPPT Solar Charge Controllers
We Also Recommend