Nomadic Cooling 12V RV Air Conditioner (13500 BTU)
Looking for a way to run an RV air conditioner while off-grid from your batteries alone? The Nomadic Cooling 12V RV Air Conditioner (13500 BTU) is the perfect solution! It installs onto your van’s roof just like traditional RV air conditioners but is vastly more energy-efficient. In fact, this Nomadic Cooling AC uses less than half of the electricity compared to a traditional rooftop unit. Most rooftop air conditioners require 120 volt AC power to operate. Normally this is provided by shore power or a generator. In some cases, you can run a standard unit from an inverter but inverters often struggle “starting” the compressor. In contrast, the Nomadic Cooling air conditioners use 12 volt DC power so it can run directly off your 12-volt battery bank without an inverter.
Not sure which air conditioner model to get? Use a BTU calculator to determine your cooling requirements. Calculate the interior dimensions of your space, your insulation level (because it's a van with windows and not much thermal mass, I'd select "poor"), and desired temperature increase - calculate the maximum cooling output you might ever need, and size your air conditioner to be capable of that.
Notes: Nomadic Cooling 12V RV Air Conditioner (13500 BTU) is only available as a special order, typically ships in 1-2 weeks. This unit requires a 600AH Lithium system and a second alternator due to electrical consumption demands. This item is large and must ship via truck freight, shipping is $249.
Key Features: Nomadic Cooling 12V RV Air Conditioner (13500 BTU)
- The 4000-series battery-powered air-conditioners are specifically designed for individuals who travel off the grid.
- All Nomadic Cooling air-conditioners are powered by DC 12V/24V/48V batteries. Preferably lithium, but not mandatory.
- This is a stand-alone air-conditioner. You do not need to connect to the engine to operate the air-conditioner.
- All Nomadic Cooling air-conditioners are non-polluting, and highly efficient units.
- All Nomadic Cooling battery-powered air-conditioners are very quiet, fan noise at maximum power is at or below 60dBA. Plus, virtually vibration-free operation compared to traditional RV rooftop air conditioners.
- Intelligent microprocessor control system, allows the user to set the temperature based on the desired temperature.
- Includes multiple built-in protection functions such as pressure alarm, power high/low voltage, motor over-current, and motor temperature protection.
- Assembled and tested in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Each unit comes with a video clip of its testing run sent to you before shipment.
- Two-year warranty.
Specifications: Nomadic Cooling 12V RV Air Conditioner (13500 BTU)
|Opening Size:||14x14 or 9x14|
|Cooling capacity (BTU):||13455|
|Noise volume (dBa):||60dBa|
|Refrigerant:||R-134a @ 900g|
- 12V Air Conditioning Unit (R134A refrigerant pre-filled)
- Interior Control Panel - Thermostat Included
- Remote control
- 4 Rubber Mounts
- 4 Metal Washers Large
- 6 Chrome Mounting Bolts Small
- 4 Mounting Bolts Large
- 4 Mounting Nuts and Washers
- 5 Small Hose Clamps
- 4 Mounting Bolts Large
- 9 Mounting Nuts and Washers
- 14" x 14" Waterproof Gasket
- Flush Mount Interior Vent.
- Fuse Breakers (Blue Sea 187 thermal/magnetic breakers recommended)
- Butyl tape
- Pro Flex/Dicor RV Sealant.
Videos: Nomadic Cooling 12V RV Air Conditioner (13500 BTU)
The video shows how to install a Nomadic Cooling 12V RV air conditioner.
We Also Recommend