Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9830 BTU)
Looking for a way to run an RV air conditioner while off-grid from your batteries alone? The Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9830 BTU) is the perfect solution! It installs onto your van’s roof just like traditional RV air conditioners but is vastly more energy-efficient. In fact, this Nomadic Cooling AC uses less than half of the electricity compared to a traditional rooftop unit. Most rooftop air conditioners require 120 volt AC power to operate. Normally this is provided by shore power or a generator. In some cases, you can run a standard unit from an inverter but inverters often struggle starting the compressor. In contrast, the Nomadic Cooling air conditioners use 12-volt DC power so it can run directly off your 12-volt battery bank without an inverter.
Not sure which air conditioner model to get? Use a BTU calculator to determine your cooling requirements. Calculate the interior dimensions of your space, your insulation level (because it's a van with windows and not much thermal mass, I'd select "poor"), and desired temperature increase - calculate the maximum cooling output you might ever need, and size your air conditioner to be capable of that.
Notes: This item is large and must ship via truck freight, shipping is $290.
Key Features: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9830 BTU)
- The 2000-series battery-powered air-conditioners are specifically designed for individuals who travel off the grid.
- All Nomadic Cooling air-conditioners are powered by DC 12V/24V/48V batteries. Preferably lithium, but not mandatory.
- This is a stand-alone air-conditioner. You do not need to connect to the engine to operate the air-conditioner.
- All Nomadic Cooling air-conditioners are non-polluting, and highly efficient units.
- All Nomadic Cooling battery-powered air-conditioners are very quiet, fan noise at maximum power is at or below 60dBA. Plus, virtually vibration-free operation compared to traditional RV rooftop air conditioners.
- Intelligent microprocessor control system, allows the user to set the temperature based on the desired temperature.
- Includes multiple built-in protection functions such as pressure alarm, power high/low voltage, motor over-current, and motor temperature protection.
- Assembled and tested in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Each unit comes with a video clip of its testing run sent to you before shipment.
- 1-year standard warranty, 2-year optional extended warranty.
Specifications: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9830 BTU)
Fan Mode: 3A-5A
Eco Mode: 30-40A @85℉
Powerful Mode: 55A Max Cool @85℉
Powerful Mode: 75A Max Cool @120℉
|Maximum airflow:||1050 cfm|
61.05 lbs (27.69 kg)
|Size (in):||37.75 x 31 x 7|
|Opening Size (in):||14" x 14"|
|Cooling capacity:||9830 BTU
|Noise volume:||60 dBa|
|Battery Powered:||100% stand-alone battery-powered unit (battery not included)|
|Refrigerant:||R-134A @ 600g|
- 12V RV air conditioner
- Interior Control Panel with thermostat
- Remote control
- 4: Metal Washers Large
- 4: Metal Lock Washers
- 4: Mounting Bolts Large
- 4: Mounting Nuts
- 600g R134A Refrigerant (pre-filled)
- 1: 14x 14 Waterproof Gasket
- 1: Interior mounting brace 14x14 (Metal Powder coat)
- 1: Flush mount interior vent aluminum (aluminum or powder coated)
- 8: Small black finish screws for interior vent placement
- 1: Air separator foam
- 1: Vibra-Tite threadlocker
- Fuse Breakers (we recommend Blue Sea 187 Breakers 100A)
- Weatherproofing Sealant (For weatherproofing the installation)
Eco Mode vs Powerful Mode
Eco Mode should be the default operation type on a Nomadic Cooling air conditioner. Powerful mode should only be used for short periods of time for maximum cooling, as powerful mode has increased consumption of energy.
Documents: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9830 BTU)
Videos: Nomadic Cooling 2000 12V RV Air Conditioner (9830 BTU)
We Also Recommend