Sterling BB1230 Ultra Pro Battery-to-Battery Charger (12V, 30A)
Do you have lithium "house" batteries and an AGM/lead acid engine battery in your camper van? The Sterling BB1230 Ultra Pro Battery-to-Battery Charger is one of the few devices currently on the market that can connect an AGM/lead-acid engine battery and a lithium house bank together, and ensure correct charging for each. It properly isolates both, precisely and correctly senses state of charge (SOC) for each bank, and keeps both the engine battery and house batteries well-charged.
The BB1230 provides a maximum charger output of 30 amps @12VDC, and is a good option in any of the following cases:
- Alternator/relay capacity - The alternator capacity doesn't warrant a higher charge rate. For example, if you have a Mercedes Sprinter camper van, Mercedes recommends external relays of not more than 30A, so the BB1230 is the preferred battery-to-battery charger that maximizes the charging output from the Sprinter's Bosch alternator while still staying within the Mercedes guidelines.
- FLA (flooded lead-acid) batteries - you have a lead-acid house battery bank of less than 300AH capacity
- AGM batteries - you have an AGM house battery bank of less than 140AH capacity.
The Ultra Pro has a temperature sensor which ensures optimal charging voltages at all temperatures. The BB1230 ensures that your batteries are quickly charged, always in good condition, and thus will last much longer.
Key Features: Sterling BB1230 Battery-to-Battery Charger (12V, 30A)
- Full four-stage battery charging for all connected batteries, optimized to correct charging profile for each battery type
- Maximum charger output of 30A @ 12VDC
- Includes battery temperature sensor for house battery
- Multiple Activation Modes: Automatic for most non-vehicle applications, Manual for remote activation. Regenerative braking (requiring ignition feed), Automatic regenerative braking, requiring no ignition feed.
- Input 12v & Output charging at 12V.
- Night Time Setting: runs at half power to reduce fan noise
- Boost / Reduce Charging: ensures batteries keep the correct charging profile Whether input voltage is high or low.
- B2B turns on at 13.3V and turns off at 13.0V (x 2 for 24V). So it doesn't drain input battery.
- Charging Profile is customizable, change from front panel.
- 9 preset battery chemistry options. Suitable for all types of lead-acid batteries (flooded, gel, AGM)
- B2B charges batteries between 5-20 times faster than a stand-alone alternator.
- Easy to install.
- No complex wiring
- No warranty issues.
Specifications: Sterling BB1230 Battery-to-Battery Charger (12V, 30A)
Documents: Sterling BB1230 Battery-to-Battery Charger (12V, 30A)
Video: Sterling BB1230 Battery-to-Battery Charger (12V, 30A)
We Also Recommend