Swing-Away Tire Carrier: Hitchgate Solo
Storage is always at a premium on expedition camper vans. Being able to store dirty and bulky gear outside of your van is the best way to go. With our Hitchgate Solo Swing-away Tire Carrier, you can keep dirty and grungy equipment outside of your sleeping quarters and still access the rear doors of your van, allowing you to move in and out with ease.
Why pick the Hitchgate Solo for your van rather than the Hitchgate Solo XL? If the tires on your van are a stock tire size, you may be fine with the Solo. For tires larger than 35", you'll want the wider Solo XL so the rear doors can swing open fully to 90 degrees.
Key Features: Swing-away Tire Carrier - Hitchgate Solo
- US-made in Southern California
- Expertly and precisely crafted from high-strength steel
- Easily and quickly installed with hand tools
- Standard length Hitchgate Solo UHG32130 will clear up to a 35" tire on vehicles with a width of up to 72" inches.
- 25" wide from the center of the hitch out to the pivot hole (5" narrower than the Hitchgate Solo XL)
- Weight 53 lbs.
- Designed to fit a Class III 2" receiver hitch
- Powder-coated black
- This carrier fits the Ford Transit van, Mercedes Sprinter, Ram Promaster and Nissan NV vans, and others too.
- Limited lifetime warranty on hitch, 1-year warranty on powdercoating
Note: Because these swing-away tire carriers are large and bulky, there is typically a $50 shipping charge.
Documents: Swing-away Tire Carrier - Hitchgate Solo
Video: Swing-away Tire Carrier - Hitchgate Solo
We Also Recommend