Victron GX LTE 4G-A Cellular Modem f/GX Devices - North America Only
GX LTE 4G-A Cellular Modem for GX Devices - North America Only
The GX LTE 4G is an accessory for GX devices. It is a cellular modem that supports 2G, 3G, and 4G technologies. It provides mobile internet for the system and a connection to the Victron Remote Management (VRM) portal.
Built-in GPS Receiver
The GX LTE 4G includes a built-in GPS receiver. When the optional active GPS antenna is installed, the system can be tracked as well as geo-fenced on the VRM Portal.
The required accessory part number is GSM900200100 - Active GPS Antenna for GX GSM.
The GX LTE 4G can be used with any of the GX devices and requires Venus OS v2.60 or newer to be installed on the GX device.
It requires a SIM card in the Mini-SIM format.
When to Use a Mobile Router Instead
The GX LTE 4G provides an internet connection for the GX device only. There is no option to share the internet with laptops, phones, or other devices. For installations where more devices need internet, such as a yacht or RV, consider installing a mobile router instead.
Antennas and Accessories
A small indoor LTE antenna is included. Optionally, Victron sells an outdoor LTE antenna, which increases the range.
Part number GSM900100400 - Outdoor 4G GSM Antenna.
- Region: For North America
- Used Module: SIMCom, SIM7600A
- Supported LTE Bands: 2, 4, 12
- Supply Voltage Range: 8 - 70VDC
- Power Draw: 2.5W while 2G/3G/4G data transfer / <1.0W in idle mode / +0.4W if GPS is enabled
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 +50°C (-40 - 120°F)
- Power Cable (Included): 1.4m cable with inline fuse holder, terminal block, and 10mm ring terminals
- Inline Fuse (included): T3.15A250V
- USB Communication Port: Fixed 1.0m cable with USB-A connector (connects to the GX device)
- LTE Antenna Connector: Type SMA Female (optional 4G outdoor antenna GSM900100400)
- GPS Antenna Connector: Type SMA Female (optional GPS antenna GSM900200100)
- GNSS: GPS/Beidou/GLONASS/GALILEO/QZSS
- SIM Card: Regular Mini SIM (supports both 1.8V and 3V)
- Data Transmission (max. Download/Upload) LTE Cat-1: 10 Mbps / 5 Mbps
- Data Transmission (max. Download/Upload) 3G (HSPA+): 42 Mbps / 5.76 Mbps
- Data Transmission (max. Download/Upload) 2G (EDGE): 236.8 Kbps / 236.8 Kbps
- Data Transmission (max. Download/Upload) 2G (GPRS): 85.6 Kbps / 85.6 Kbps
- Status Indicator: Blue LED
Installation & Dimensions:
- Dimensions (l x w x h): 106 × 42.5 × 22mm
- Weight: 0.08kg (0.177lbs)
- Wire Gauge (power cable): 0.5..1.5mm2 / AWG 28..16 or use supplied power cable
- Recommended Fuse Size: 500mA @ 12V / 250mA @ 24V / 100mA @ 48V or use supplied inline fuse
In the Box:
- GX LTE 4G (with integrated USB cable)
- GSM 2G/3G/4G mini-rod antenna (for indoor use)
- DC power cable (with inline fuse and terminal block)
- Safety: EN 60335-1 / EN 60335-2-29 / EN 62368-1
- Emission / Immunity: ECE R10-5
- QM: EN 9001:2015
Quick Guide (pdf)
Owner's Manual (pdf)