Victron MultiPlus-II Inverter/Charger 12VDC - 3000VA - 120VAC (2x120 or 120/240 Split) - 50A Charge & Switch UL Approved
MultiPlus-II 12/3000 120-50 2X 120V
The MultiPlus-II combines the functions of the MultiPlus and the MultiGrid. It has all the features of the MultiPlus, plus an external current transformer option to implement PowerControl and PowerAssist and to optimize self-consumption with external current sensing (max. 32A).
It also has all the features of the MultiGrid with built-in anti-islanding and an increasingly long list of country approvals.
The MultiPlus-II will prevent overload of a limited AC source, such as a generator or shore power connection. First, battery charging will automatically be reduced when otherwise an overload would occur. The second level will boost the output of a generator or shore side supply with power taken from the battery.
ESS: Energy Storage Systems
The MultiPlus-II is the key component in a Victron ESS system, providing the flexibility to combine with MPPT Solar Chargers or Grid-tie PV Inverters. For examples and more detailed information see the ESS (Energy Storage System) manual.
Uninterrupted AC power (UPS function)
In the event of a grid failure, or when shore or generator power is disconnected, the inverter within the Multi is automatically activated and takes over the supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
Remote Monitoring and Control
When coupled with a GX device (e.g. Cerbo GX) you can monitor and control your Multi and system or systems' locally (LAN) or remotely via the internet from anywhere in the world, using the free VRM app and free VRM portal website. Access can be from a phone, tablet, laptop, or PC for multiple operating systems. There is no end to the level of control, from adjusting your Multi to auto-starting a backup generator and more.
- PowerControl & PowerAssist: Yes
- Transfer Switch: 50A
- Maximum AC Input Current: 50A (each leg)
- DC Input Voltage Range: 9,5 – 17 V
- Output: Output Voltage 120 VAC ± 2% / Frequency 60 Hz ± 0,1% (1)
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C (3): 3000 VA
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C: 2400 W
- Continuous Output Power at 40°C: 2200 W
- Continuous Output Power at 65°C: 1700 W
- Maximum Apparent Feed-In Power: 2500 VA
- Peak Power: 5500 W
- Maximum Efficiency: 93%
- Zero Load Power: 13W
- Zero Load Power in AES Mode: 15W
- Zero Load Power in Search Mode: 4W
- AC Input (Split Phase): 180-280 VAC 45 – 65 Hz
- AC Input (Single Phase): 90-140 VAC 45 – 65 Hz
- Charge Voltage 'Absorption': 14,4 V
- Charge Voltage 'Float': 13,8 V
- Storage Mode: 13,2 V
- Maximum Battery Charge Current (4): 120 A
- Battery Temperature Sensor: Yes
- Auxiliary Output: 35 A Each leg
- External AC Current Sensor (optional): 100 A
- Programmable Relay (5): Yes
- Protection (2): a – g
- VE.Bus Communication Port: For parallel, split phase and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
- General Purpose Com. Port: Yes, 2x
- Remote On-Off: Yes
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to +65°C (-40 – 150 °F) (fan assisted cooling)
- Humidity (Non-Condensing): Max 95%
- Material & Color: Steel, blue RAL 5012
- Protection Category: IP22
- Battery-Connection: 2x2 M8 bolts
- 120 V AC-Connection: Screw terminals 21 mm² (4 AWG)
- Weight: 22 kg
- Dimensions (hxwxd) (mm): 578 x 275 x 148
- Safety: EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29,
- Emission, Immunity: EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
*Note: For a short period of time this product was called MultiGrid-II.Please contact your dealer for any returns, repairs or support issues related to this product.
Quick Guide (pdf)
Owner's Manual (pdf)