Victron Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger 24/25 (1+1) 120-240VAC Requires 5-15P Mains Cord
Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger 24/25 (1+1) 120-240VAC Requires 5-15P Mains Cord
With boat owners in mind, this adaptive 5-step charger can provide either 30A or 50A of charge to each of the three battery banks. Or the Phoenix 1+1 model provides 3A to the starter battery, the rest to the ‘house’ bank. 24V models are available with a 16A/25A charge. Bluetooth enabled, you can monitor the charger and set alarms straight from your phone.
- Bluetooth Smart built-in: The wireless solution to set up, monitor, update and synchronize Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers.
- Phoenix Smart (1+1): two outputs to charge 2 battery banks: The second output, limited to approximately 4A and with a slightly lower output voltage, is intended to top up a starter battery.
- Phoenix Smart (3): three full current outputs to charge 3 battery banks: Each output can supply the full rated output current. But the total of the 3 outputs combined can never exceed the current rating of the charger.
- Automatic voltage compensation: The charger compensates for voltage drop over the DC cabling by slightly increasing output voltage when the DC current increases.
- Adaptive 6-stage charge algorithm: bulk– absorption – recondition – float – storage – refresh: The Phoenix Smart Charger features our well-known ‘adaptive’ battery management system that can be preset to suit different types of batteries. The ‘adaptive’ feature will automatically optimize the charging process relative to the way the battery is being used.
- The right amount of charge: variable absorption time: When only shallow discharges occur (a yacht connected to shore power for example) the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge, the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery will be fully charged.
- Preventing damage due to excessive gassing: the BatterySafe mode: If in order to quickly charge a battery, a high charge current in combination with a high absorption voltage has been chosen, the charger will prevent damage due to excessive gassing by automatically limiting the rate of voltage increase once the gassing voltage has been reached.
- Less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use: the Storage Mode: The Storage Mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge for 24 hours. In the Storage Mode, float voltage is reduced to 2,2 V/cell (13,2 V for a 12 V battery) to minimize gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulphation, a major cause of early battery failure.
- Also charges Li-ion (LiFePO4) batteries: Charger on-off control can be implemented by connecting a relay or open collector optocoupler output from a Li-ion BMS to the remote on-off port. Alternatively, full control of voltage and current can be achieved with Bluetooth.
- Fully programmable charge algorithm: The charge algorithm can be programmed with help of Bluetooth or the VE.Direct interface. Three preprogrammed algorithms can be selected with the mode button.
- Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth: A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers.
- Remote on-off: The remote on/off consists of two terminals: Remote H and Remote L. A remote on/off switch or relay contact can be connected between H and L. Alternatively, terminal H can be pulled high, or terminal L can be pulled low.
- VE.Direct interface: For a wired data connection to a Color Control panel, PC, or other devices.
- Programmable relay: Can be programmed using the VE.Direct interface or a Bluetooth-enabled device to trip on an alarm or other events.
- Synchronized charging: Pairing two or more Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers in a VE.Smart Network, enables synchronized charging. This improves the charge efficiency and battery life.
Quick Guide (pdf)