Victron Quattro-II - 24/3000 - 70-50/50 - 2X 120V
Quattro-II - 24/3000 - 70-50/50 - 2X 120V
Similar to the MultiPlus-II 2x120V, the Quattro-II 2x120V is a combined inverter and charger specifically designed for standard North American 50A 120/240VAC split-phase applications. Additionally, it can accept two AC inputs and automatically connect to the active source.
120/240V Input and Output, or 120V Input and Output (Always 120V Output When in Inverter Mode)
The two AC inputs can be supplied from a split-phase 120/240V source or a single-phase 120V source. When one of the AC sources is available, the Quattro will feed through the AC to its output. The output will therefore mirror the AC input.
The inverter/charger connects to the neutral and the preferred input line (L1). The power needed to charge the batteries will therefore be drawn from L1.
The Quattro switches to inverter operation when no AC source is available. The inverter output is 120V single-phase. In invert mode, the Quattro connects both output lines (L1 and L2) together to provide 120VAC to loads on either line.
Any 240V loads will therefore be supplied only when the Quattro is supplied by a split-phase AC source. This prevents heavy loads such as water heaters or 240V air conditioners from discharging the battery.
PowerControl and PowerAssist - Boosting the Capacity of the Grid or a Generator
A maximum grid or generator current can be set. The Quattro will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for battery charging, thus preventing the generator or grid from being overloaded (PowerControl function).
PowerAssist takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. Where peak power is often required only for a limited period, the Quattro will compensate for insufficient generator, shore, or grid power with power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery (available on L1 input only).
Two AC Inputs and Two AC Outputs
The Quattro can be connected to two independent AC sources, for example,shore-side power and a generator, or two generators. The Quattro-II will automatically connect to the active source.
The main output has no-break functionality. The Quattro takes over the supply to the connected 120V loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. The transfer time of the L1 output is less than 18 milliseconds, so computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The transfer time of the L2 output is longer: approximately 40 milliseconds.
The second (auxiliary) output is live only when AC is available on the input of the Quattro. Loads that should not discharge the battery can be connected to this output.
Virtually Unlimited Power Thanks to Parallel and Three-Phase Operation
Up to 6 Quattros can operate in parallel to achieve a higher power output. In addition to parallel connections, three units of the same model can be configured for three-phase output. In multi-phase setups, L2 is disabled on all units.
On-Site System Configuring, Monitoring and Control
Settings can be changed in a matter of minutes with the VictronConnect app or VEConfigure software (computer or laptop and MK3-USB interface are needed). Several monitoring and control options are available: Cerbo GX, Color Control GX, laptop, computer, Bluetooth (with the optional VE.Bus Smart dongle), Battery Monitor, and Digital Multi Control Panel.
Remote Configuration and Monitoring
Install a Cerbo GX or other GX product to connect to the internet. Operational data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website free of charge. When connected to the internet, systems can be accessed remotely, and settings can be changed.
- PowerControl & PowerAssist: Yes (on L1 input)
- Transfer Switch: 50 A
- Maximum AC Input Current: 50A (each leg)
- DC Input Voltage Range: 19-33V
- Output When in Inverter Mode: Output voltage: 120 Vac ± 2% / Frequency: 60 Hz ± 0.1% (1)
- Cont. Output Power at 25°C: 3000 VA
- Cont. Output Power at 25°C: 2400 W
- Cont. Output Power at 40°C: 2200 W
- Cont. Output Power at 65°C: 1700 W
- Maximum Apparent Feed-in Power: 2500 VA
- Peak Power: 5500 W
- Maximum Efficiency: 94%
- Zero Load Power: 11W
- Zero Load Power in AES Mode: 8W
- Zero Load Power in Search Mode: 4W
- AC Input: Split-phase: 180-280Vac 45 – 65Hz / Single-phase: 90-140Vac 45 – 65Hz
- Charge Voltage 'Absorption': 28.8 V
- Charge Voltage 'Float': 27.6 V
- Storage Mode: 26.4 V
- Maximum Battery Charge Current: 70 A
- Battery Temperature Sensor: Yes
- Auxiliary Output: 50 A (each leg)
- External AC current Sensor (optional): 100A
- Programmable Relay: Yes
- Protection: a – g
- VE.Bus Communication Port: For parallel and three-phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
- General Purpose com. Port: Yes, 2x
- Remote On-Off: Yes
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to +65°C (-40 -150°F) Fan assisted cooling
- Humidity (non-condensing): Max 95%
- Material & Color: Steel, blue RAL 5012
- Protection Category: IP22
- Battery-Connection: 2 M8 bolts
- 120/240 V AC-Connection: Screw terminals 21 mm² (4 AWG)
- Weight: 22.5 kg / (50lb)
- Dimensions (hxwxd): 579 x 319 x 168 mm / (23 x 13 x 7 inch)
- Safety: EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29
- Emission, Immunity: EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
- Can be adjusted to 50 Hz
- Protection key: Output short circuit, overload, battery voltage too high, battery voltage too low, temperature too high, 120Vac on inverter output, input voltage ripple too high
- Non-linear load, crest factor 3:1.
- Up to 75-degrees F / 25-degrees C ambient temperature
- Switches off when no external AC source is available.
- Programmable Relay That Can for Example Be Set for General Alarm or DC under Voltage or Genset Start/Stop Function: AC rating: 120Vac / 4A / DC rating: 4A up to 35dc, 1A up to 60Vdc
- Use, for example, to communicate with a lithium battery BMS
- Inverter Input Voltage: 13-33
- Inverter Output Voltage: 120
- Box Dimensions: 11"H x 17"W x 27"L WT: 55.9 lbs
- UPC: 8719076057376
Quick Guide (pdf)
Owner's Manual (pdf)