Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares
Note: Current lead time 8 weeks.
Looking to sleep sideways in your Ford Transit 148"WB regular-body camper van? These Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares replace several of the upper body panels in your Transit van (two on the driver side, one on the passenger side), providing extra lateral space to enable you to sleep sideways in your Ford Transit camper van. This cost-efficient & stealthy van mod maximizes your van's interior and allows you to reconfigure your van’s floor plans to place your bed widthwise, rather than lengthwise.
Configure your camper to get the most sunlight and ventilation with windows, or prioritize privacy and storage:
- Windows/no windows- Choosing the window option adds three Arctic Tern dual-pane windows (one 450 x 500 mm window in the front driver side flare, two 300 x 1100 mm windows in the rear quarter panel flares). Or go windowless all around for a lower-profile look. The Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares offer 8" of added length in the midship section and an 82" bed length!
- Trim rings - By selecting Trim Rings with the Mega Flares, you are purchasing 3 trim rings to finish off the inside of your van. Both rear sections on the passenger and driver side get trim rings, as well as the midship section of the driver side.
Mega Flares are a must-have van upgrade and are DIY friendly, lightweight, ultra-durable, and completely compatible with Flarespace trim rings, and bed systems. Take the first step in converting your cargo van into an adventure van and get your Mega Flares!
Note: Shipping on this item is $400. ALL SALES ARE FINAL on this item, no cancellations or refunds.
Key Features: Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares
- Mega flares are designed to fit the rear quarter factory window cutouts and the driver side forward window cutout in medium/high-roof Ford Transit cargo and passenger vans (2015-current models). Mega flares for the Transit 148"WB fit the regular length van in all three body options (cargo, crew, and passenger)- they do not fit the Transit 148 Extended passenger or crew vans. Will also not fit low-roof Ford Transit van or Transit Connect models.
- Mega flares are made of polyester resin (fiberglass)
- Package comes with three unpainted flares, approved 3M installation materials, and detailed installation instructions
- Available with or without Arctic Tern windows (one 17.7" x 19.7" (450 x 500 mm) and two 11.8" x 43.3" (300 x 1100 mm) windows included, if you so choose).
- Mega flares add extra width to the sides of your Ford Transit camper van
- Proudly made in the USA by Flarespace.
- Flares are made to order, we'll check lead times when you order.
Specifications: Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares
||28.25""H x 64.5"W for rear flares
||Fiberglass (Polyester resin)
||Dark gray 300-grit gelcoat, ready for paint|
|Weight||60 lbs for 3 flares|
FAQ: Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares
- Who can install flares? Campervan HQ can provide you with a list of trained installers in your area, or any professional auto body shop can paint and install flares.
- How are they installed? Your installer will paint your flares to match the color of your Transit van. The rear quarter panels and driver side front quarter panel are cut out along the factory lines, with the same size cut out as a window. The flares are glued in using the supplied 3M adhesive and sealant. Installers are supplied with detailed step-by-step instructions, including a video and written instructions. Install takes about 4 hours, plus a day to cure.
Does the sliding door need to be modified? The stock Transit sliding door will open fully without modifications.
- Will the rear doors still open 270 degrees? If you install an extended door stopper on the rear door, the Transit's rear doors can still be opened fully without touching the flares.
Video: Ford Transit 148" - Mega Flares
We Also Recommend