Victron MultiPlus 12/3000 - 120-50 - 230V - VE.Bus
MultiPlus 12/3000 - 120-50 - 230V - VE.Bus
The MultiPlus, as the name suggests, is a combined inverter and charger in one elegant package. Its many features include a true sine wave inverter, adaptive charging, hybrid PowerAssist technology, and multiple system integration features.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no-break functionality. The MultiPlus takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output (a second output is available on models rated at 3 kVA and more).
Virtually Unlimited Power Thanks to Parallel Operation
Up to 6 Multis can operate in parallel to achieve a higher power output. Six 24/5000/120 units, for example, will provide 25 kW / 30 kVA output power with 720 AMP charging capacity.
Three Phase Capability
In addition to parallel connections, three units of the same model can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all up to 6 sets of three units can be connected in parallel for a 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 2000 Amp charging capacity.
PowerControl - Dealing with Limited Generator, Shore Side or Grid Power
The MultiPlus is a very powerful battery charger. It will therefore draw a lot of current from the generator or shoreside supply (nearly 10 A per 5 kVA Multi at 230 VAC). With the Multi Control Panel, a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The MultiPlus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
PowerAssist - Boosting the capacity of shore or generator power
This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. It allows MultiPlus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar energy: AC Power is Available Even During a Grid Failure
The MultiPlus can be used in off-grid as well as grid-connected PV and other alternative energy systems. Loss of mains detection software is available.
- In the case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure
- Parallel and three-phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator software
- Off-grid, grid-interactive, and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications)
On-site Monitoring and Control
Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Color control for GX or other GX devices, smartphone, tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop, or computer (USB or RS232).
Remote Monitoring and Control
Color Control GX or other GX devices. Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control GX or other GX device can be accessed, and settings can be changed remotely
- PowerControl: Yes
- PowerAssist: Yes
- Transfer Switch (A): 16 or 50
- Input Voltage Range (V DC): 9,5 – 17 V 19 – 33 V 38 – 66 V
- Output: Output voltage: 230 VAC, ± 2% / Frequency 50 Hz ± 0,1%
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C (VA): 3000
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C (W): 2400
- Continuous Output Power at 40°C (W): 2200
- Continuous Output Power at 65°C (W): 1700
- Peak Power (W): 6000
- Maximum Efficiency (%): 93 / 94 / 95
- Zero Load Power (W): 20 / 20 / 25
- Zero Load Power in AES Mode (W): 15 / 15 / 20
- Zero Load Power in Search Mode (W): 8 / 10 / 12
- AC Input: Input voltage range: 187-265 VAC / Input frequency: 45 – 65 Hz / Power factor: 1
- Charge Voltage Absorption (V DC): 14,4 / 28,8 / 57,6
- Charge Voltage Float (V DC): 13,8 / 27,6 / 55,2
- Storage Mode (V DC): 13,2 / 26,4 / 52,8
- Charge Current House Battery (A): 120 / 70 / 35
- Charge Current Starter Battery (A): 4 (12 V and 24 V models only)
- Battery Temperature Sensor: Yes
- Auxiliary Output: Yes (16A)
- Programmable Relay: Yes
- Protection: a - g
- VE.Bus Communication Port: For parallel and three-phase operation, remote monitoring, and system integration
- General purpose com. Port: Yes
- Remote On-Off: Yes
- Common Characteristics: Operating temp. range: -40 to +65°C (fan-assisted cooling) / Humidity (non-condensing): max 95%
- Common Characteristics: Material & Color: aluminum (blue RAL 5012) / Protection category: IP 21
- Battery-Connection: Four M8 bolts (2 plus and 2 minus connections)
- 230 V AC-Connection: Screw terminals 13mm^2 (6 AWG) M6 bolts
- Weight (kg): 18
- Dimensions (hxwxd in mm): 362 x 258 x 218
- Safety: EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, IEC 62109-1
- Emission, Immunity: EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
- Road Vehicles: 12V and 24V models: ECE R10-4
- Anti-Islanding: See Victron's website
- Can be adjusted to 60 HZ. 120 V models available on request
- Protection Key: Output short circuit, overload, battery voltage too high, battery voltage too low, temperature too high, 230 VAC on the inverter output, input voltage ripple is too high
- Non-linear load, crest factor 3:1
- Up to 25°C ambient
- Switches off when no external AC source is available
- Programmable Relay That Can, Among Other Things, Be Set for General Alarm Including DC Undervoltage or genset start/stop function / AC rating: 230 V/4A / DC rating: 4 A up to 35 VDC, 1 A up to 60 VDC / A.o. to communicate with a lithium-ion battery BMS
Quick Guide (pdf)
Owner's Manual (pdf)