Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50
The Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50 gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximizes this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending the life of your RV battery bank.
The Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50 will even recharge a severely depleted battery. It can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 volts, provided the cells are not permanently sulfated or otherwise damaged.
Key Features: Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50
The key features of the Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50 include:
- Bluetooth Smart built-in: The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update, and synchronize SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- VE.Direct: For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC, or other devices
- Ultrafast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT): Especially in the case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions: If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
- Outstanding conversion efficiency: No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. The full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
- Flexible charge algorithm: Fully programmable charge algorithm (see the software page on our website), and eight pre-programmed algorithms, selectable with a rotary switch (see the manual for details).
- Extensive electronic protection: Over-temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high. PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection. PV reverse current protection.
- Internal temperature sensor Compensates absorption and floats charge voltage for temperature.
- Optional external battery voltage and temperature sensing via Bluetooth: A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- Fully discharged battery recovery function: Will initiate charging even if the battery has been discharged to zero volts. Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with an integrated disconnect function.
Specifications: Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50100V
|Weight (lbs.)||2.8 lb
|Material & Colour
||(Blue RAL 5012)
|Dimensions (mm and inch)
||130x186x70 mm / 5.1x7.3x2.8 inch|
|SmartSolar Charge Controller||MPPT 100/50
12/24V Auto Select
|Rated charge current||
|Nominal PV power, 12V 1a,b)||
|Nominal PV power, 24V 1a,b)||
|Maximum PV open circuit voltage||
|Max. PV short circuit current 2)||
|Self-consumption||12V: 30 mA 24V: 20 mA|
|Charge voltage 'absorption'||
Default setting: 14,4V / 28,8V (adjustable)
|Charge voltage 'float'||
Default setting: 13,8V / 27,6V (adjustable)
|Charge algorithm||Multi-stage adaptive|
|Temperature compensation||-16 mV / °C resp. -32 mV / °C|
PV reverse polarity
-30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
|Data communication port||VE.Direct
|Power terminals||16 mm² / AWG6|
|Protection category||IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)|
|Safety||EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.2|
Documents: Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50
Video: Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50
We Also Recommend