Go Power Lithium RV Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-100)
Not everybody needs lithium batteries in their RV - but if you have power hungry appliances like rooftop A/C units, induction cooktops, microwaves, coffee makers, then you'll want a battery that can be charged up again as fast as possible, and that's where lithium batteries excel.
This Go Power Lithium RV Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-100) has some great advantages over typical lead-acid deep-cycle batteries:
- Can accept very high charge rates (100A), meaning charge times as short as 2.5 hours up to 99% full
- Longer life - much greater number of cycles
- Less than half the weight of similar-capacity lead-acid batteries
- No maintenance required, no battery memory, no internal grid or external terminal corrosion
- No freezing in extreme temperatures
- Almost no temperature derating effects (still 90Ah capacity at 5C for 100Ah lithium, compared to 60Ah capacity at 5C for 100Ah lead-acid)
- 95% energy efficient
- Can store at any state-of-charge (SOC) - does not have to be fully-charged for storage, unlike lead-acid
Lithium iron phosphate batteries have excellent characteristics for use as a deep-cycle RV battery:
- Lithium iron phosphate has high current rating and long cycle life, good thermal stability, enhanced safety and tolerance for abuse.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries also have a very flat discharge curve, meaning the batteries continue to put out the same amount of energy even at a low state-of-charge.
Key Features: Go Power Lithium RV Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-100)
Why are Go Power lithium iron phosphate batteries better than other lithium batteries?
- Cylindrical cells - Go Power batteries use cylindrical lithium-ion battery cells. Cylindrical lithium cells typically have much more power, better performance and greater longevity than prismatic cells.
- Triple safety design - Go Power lithium batteries have 3 layers of safety protection in each cell:
- The lithium iron phosphate cells include an internal safety fuse. If the cell overheated (up to 135C), the fuse would instantly break the connection between the anode and the cathode.
- Lengthways circuit boards between each layer of cells monitor current, temperature and pressure. If the cell casing shows high internal pressure, the positive and external (negative) current will be cut off by the automatic voltage cutoff. These boards also prevent a short-circuited cell from causing any battery damage.
- If the internal pressure in any cell is over the safe value of 8-20 Kpa, its safety valve discharges, reducing the pressure automatically.
- Solid construction - Go Power batteries use an ABS case with explosion-proof cylindrical lithium cells.
- Full-featured Battery Management System (BMS) - The "brains" of the battery is the Power Control Board (PCB), which provides the BMS features. Heat-shielded battery cables connect the lengthways circuit boards to the PCB. The BMS has microprocessor-controlled automatic low- and over-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, reverse polarity protection, and charge balancing, with the voltage of each cell managed individually.
- Go Power offers a 10-year warranty on their batteries.
Note: This battery can be connected in parallel in a string of up to 4 batteries. It cannot be connected in series, it is only designed for 12VDC power systems.
Specifications: Go Power Lithium RV Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-100)
|Voltage||12.8 VDC nominal|
|Capacity||100 AH @ 20 hour rate|
|Max Charge Rate||100A (continuous)|
|Max Discharge Rate||
Charge: 32°F (0°C) to 131°F (55°C)
|Life Expectancy||>3000 @ 80% DOD|
|Auto Low/High Voltage Cutoff||8.4V / 14.6V|
|Approvals||UN 38.3, CE
Video: Go Power Lithium RV Battery (GP-LIFEPO4-100)
We Also Recommend