Aluminess Mercedes Sprinter (2007-2018) Rear Bumper
Need some outside storage for gear you don't want to carry inside your camper van? Our Mercedes Sprinter Rear Bumper is a light, strong custom bumper which is set up to carry those items and your spare tire too, allowing you to put extra fuel or water underneath the vehicle or get extra rear clearance.
In addition to its integrated rear hitch, the Sprinter rear bumper can come with:
- no swing arms
- swing arms - very useful for carrying extra items and still retaining rear door access
- bike rack swing arm - where one of the swing arms includes a 2-bike rack
Key Features: Aluminess Mercedes Sprinter (2007-2018) Rear Bumper
- Strong and light, weighs only 90 pounds
- Expertly and precisely crafted from aluminum, our rear bumper will not put unnecessary stress on tires, brakes, steering, or suspension components. Steel bumpers typically weigh twice as much as an aluminum bumper, which wears out everything on your rig much faster.
- A lightweight aluminum bumper also means that you don’t lose precious fuel mileage or payload capacity.
- High-strength 5/16″ 6061-T6 aluminum alloy is used for the bumper structure, and 3/16″ 5052-H32 aluminum alloy for the base and non-structural area. This alloy is the same used for the upper & lower receiver of AR-15 rifles, aircraft wings & fuselages, and helicopter rotors, among many other uses. It has an ultimate tensile strength of over 42,000 pounds per square inch.
- Any of our storage boxes can be mounted to the swing arm. You can store a generator, recovery gear, tools, or anything else you can dream up.
- No loss of access to rear doors
- Designed for 2007-2018 Mercedes Sprinter van models.
- 100 Pound weight limit on standard swing arm
- 200 Pound weight limit on bike rack swing arm
- 5000 Pound towing capacity
- 300 Pound tongue weight
- 35″ Maximum tire size
All Aluminess products are made to order and have a lead time of 6-9 weeks. Message Campervan HQ for current lead times.
Note: All Aluminess products are made to order, and this item typically takes about 8-10 weeks build time. We'll let you know if there is stock or the current lead time when you order. Because these bumpers are large and bulky, there is a $575 shipping charge.
**Sensor holes can be drilled upon request. Products shown with available options. Boxes, lights, and accessories are not included in standard bumper price.
Documents: Aluminess Mercedes Sprinter (2007-2018) Rear Bumper
Video: Aluminess Mercedes Sprinter (2007-2018) Rear Bumper
Aluminum Storage Boxes (Optional)
- Deluxe Box +$995
If you have a lot to carry or bulky items, then the deluxe box is for you. It is 30″ tall x 16″ deep x 24″ wide and is watertight. Many people will install a shelf (sold separately) to help organize storage.
Slim Box with Side Door +$950
This watertight box was specifically designed to mount to our new Transit rear door bike rack along with two bikes. It’s 30″x12″x20″.
If your deluxe or galley box still doesn’t provide enough storage, then you can add rails to the top to carry even more. Box rails are now a bolt on kit for added versatility and reduced risk for shipping damage.
A box shelf is a great way to organize the belongings in your box. It can be hard mounted or removable depending on your needs. The storage box shelf is designed to fit in 24″ wide boxes.
Add this plate to the front or side of our Deluxe Box (Box not included). It will allow you to mount any of our Front Load BackPack accessories. You can easily swap our frontloader accessories without having to drill new holes in your box.
Add this plate to the front, side, or inside of our Deluxe Box. This item allows you to add your Molle pouches and other hook-and-loop fastener attachments to it providing you even more space on your Aluminess storage box (Box not included).
This item bolts to the front of the Deluxe Box and allows you to add your Molle pouches and other hook-and-loop fastener attachments to it providing you even more space. (Box not included).
This item mounts to the front of your Aluminess Deluxe Box and allows you to add any of our frontload BackPack accessories. (Box not included). You can swap out multiple accessories such as our Rotopax mounting bracket and Expo Pro Kit without having to drill new holes in your box.
We Also Recommend