Arctic Tern Double-Pane RV Window (300x500mm)
In Europe, almost all camper vans and motorhomes use Dometic Seitz-style double-pane RV windows. This Arctic Tern Double-Pane RV Window (300x500mm) has many advantages over typical glass camper van windows and the Seitz windows, including the following:
- Windows are double-glazed and include an integrated day/night shade, providing much better thermal performance than single-pane glass for keeping warmth in and heat out as needed
- Integrated day/night shade and screen is a much more versatile window covering than curtains, blinds or magnetic window coverings
- Entire pane of the window swings out on gas struts, and can be clicked into place at angles of 20, 40 and 60 degrees.
- The Lucite acrylic double-glazing makes for a window assembly that weighs 40% less than a similarly-sized single-pane glass RV window
- Windows have many positions including fully-open (at 20-60 degrees), fully-locked, and half-locked. In half-lock position, windows provide ventilation, and are secure enough to drive.
- Much less condensation in temperature extremes than glass windows
- Window frame, screen/blind frame and blind roller are all constructed from sturdy extruded aluminum, not plastic.
Want to save shipping costs? Use the discount code PORTLANDPICKUP when you order and pick up from our Portland, Oregon warehouse and you won't pay any shipping costs.
Key Features: Arctic Tern Double-Pane RV Window (300x500mm)
- Heavy-duty powder-coated aluminum alloy frame
- Insulated UV-resistant Lucite acrylic double-pane glazing
- Telescopic strut supports securely hold window open in a number of positions
- Push-button locking handles
- High-quality rubber seals
- Provisions for three stock wall thicknesses - with optional aluminum expansion rings can be fitted to walls up to 3 1/2" thick
- Full 1-year manufacturer's warranty
These windows require window jambs to mount properly.
Documents: Arctic Tern Double-Pane RV Window (300x500mm)
- Arctic Tern Considerations for Fitment
- Arctic Tern Additional Window Dimensions
- Arctic Tern Window Installation Guide
Note: These are universal-fit windows which are not designed for any particular van model, so measure your preferred install location carefully before you order! It is important to understand that Arctic Tern double-pane RV windows have 3 sets of dimensions:
- the cutout dimensions for the window opening
- the frame dimensions of the window from the outside
- the blind & screen assembly dimensions on the inside.
The blind & screen assembly dimensions are the largest dimensions on these windows, so they're the most important measurements to consider (if you are using the blind/screen assembly, it is optional).
Before ordering, read the documents above and watch the "Considerations for Fitment" video. In brief:
- On the sides, you want a minimum of 3” flat surface beside the window from any support. On the top and bottom, you need a minimum of 1.5” flat surface from any support.
- The minimum wall thickness is 1” (actually 15/16”), so you cannot just clamp the window into place on the sheet metal. You will always need a wood or metal frame to make up the minimum thickness required. To choose the window thickness that's right for your build, you'll want to estimate the thickness of the whole "sandwich" of your finished wall, including the van body, insulation, soundproofing, fabric, panelling, etc. The thickness you select determines the depth of the window bracket and the length of the screws we send you with the window.
- You must also make room for the blind/screen assembly on the inside of the van body, as the blind/screen assembly is larger than the external dimension of the window.
- Making a template for your install is a great idea, though the windows do not come with a template.
Specifications: Arctic Tern Double-Pane RV Window (300x500mm)
|Window Height x Width:||300 x 500mm (11.8 x 19.7 in)|
|Cutout Height x Width:||303 x 503mm (11.9 x 19.8 in)|
|Blind/Screen Height x Width:||375 x 540mm (14.8 x 21.2 in)|
|Weight:||4.5 kg (10 lbs.)|
|Wall Thickness:||24-34mm, 34-44mm, 44-54mm
(or up to 3 1/2" with expansion rings)
|Frame Color:||Exterior: Jet black, Interior: Cream|
Video: Arctic Tern Double-Pane RV Window (300x500mm)
We Also Recommend